Metal Building Homes
Investing in a home is a long-term commitment. Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or have bought and sold multiple properties, it is a big decision. You want your house to last. How will your home withstand the test of time along with extreme weather? Steel building homes are the answer. These metal home kits offer durable material matched with quality design.
Your home will be the best on the block, thanks to Mr. Carports. With over 35 years of combined experience in the industry, you can trust Mr. Carports to deliver top-quality metal buildings. As the best dealer in the United States, you can expect excellent customer service when you call Mr. Carports at (877) 350-5464. They answer the call every time!
Explore Our Metal Building Homes
We Have Exactly the One You Need, Connect With Our Experts.
Why Steel Is An Amazing Housing Material
There is no denying the strength of steel, especially in metal buildings. It can withstand severe weather conditions that devastate wooden frame houses. But that is not the only reason. Several benefits make it easy to see why most modern engineers and architects place the metal in part of the plans.
Here are some key things to consider:
- Construction Cost Savings: Building a steel home costs significantly less than building a traditional wooden house.
- Long-Term Maintenance Savings: It is not just the initial upfront costs that will save you. You will also see tremendous savings in the amount it takes to take care of the house in the years to come.
- Long-Lasting Material: Because wood is organic and subject to decay, there will come a time when a lumber house will need to be replaced. Steel is durable enough to stay standing long after a wooden house has started to see wear and tear.
- Quick Building Time: A metal building can be installed quickly and conveniently. Once you buy a prefab metal home kit, it comes in modules that are readily made. Your metal building kit also consists of components made in a factory, which can be put together in a fast and cost-effective way.
- Customizable Designs: Your metal residence does not have to look like one. You can disguise it to look more like a traditional home equipped with all of the finishes needed to achieve the look you want.
- Environmentally-Friendly Materials: A metal building is an eco-friendly choice because it can be built with recyclable materials. If it should ever be disassembled, the steel can then be repurposed for a future building.
- Energy-Efficient Homes: A steel building has a higher capacity for insulation than the average lumber house. The home can contain more heat in the winter and cool air in the summer, which reduces your utility bills.
- Reliability for Decades to Come: Steel homes are not as susceptible to the same worries that lumber houses are. Metal residence homeowners do not have to be concerned about termites feasting on the structure materials, moisture causing rot, and fire consuming it in one fell swoop.
Customize Your Metal Building Homes
You can customize the metal building kit to fit all of your basic needs. The best part? Furthermore, you can design your own floor plan without breaking the bank. If you want your new home to resemble a colonial house, your wish will be granted. Steel buildings can expand more than traditionally built structures. If you ever get to the point where your home is too small, you can add additional space with no problem. Everything is customizable, including doors, windows, frame-outs, anchors, steel framing, roof sizes, and more.
The customization doesn’t stop with the size of your home. You also do not have to settle for the standard color for your metal building home. Mr. Carports provides a rich palette with ten color options to choose from, including Barn Red, Earth Brown, Rawhide, Evergreen, Pebble Beige, Clay, Royal Blue, Quaker Gray, Pewter Gray, and Black.
Metal Building Home Kits for the DIYer
Even those who do not know much about metal home construction can build their steel building. Mr. Carports provides the most affordable and high-quality metal building home kits to DIYers. There are several essential things to know about the assembly, the tools to use, and how to secure the parts correctly. Make sure to have a cordless drill, different sized wrenches, ladders, a large screwdriver, and a spud wrench on hand before you build. More elaborate equipment like a forklift or pallet jack may also be necessary depending on the job.
Frames are connected using bolts, which is similar to connecting the house to its foundation. You will want to ensure that accurate measurement has been deployed so that the foundation fits well. The roof is typically attached using stainless steel fasteners, self-tapping, and sealing thanks to neoprene washers. How you want to remodel or readjust can be modified if you’re going to initiate some changes down the road.
Your metal building’s exterior finish is completed after the frames have been assembled and they are firmly attached. Many homeowners choose to paint the metal exterior, and others opt for a more traditional look, depending on their comfort. Metal building kits typically come with doors and windows, which allows you to add some creative elements to your home. Choose a short, small, or large door and windows that will allow the optimal amount of light into your home.
The steel building floor plan can be flexible, so feel free to create spaces inside that house with partition walls. These walls can be made of brick, stone, plywood, wood planks, and other materials. You should install a heating and cooling system to make sure that the inside keeps a steady temperature.
Mr. Carports is equipped with the most affordable and highest quality of metal home kits for the do-it-yourself crowd. This dedicated company also has an experienced team of experts who are willing and able to help get your new home off the ground. So, call Mr. Carports today at (877) 350-5464.
Obtaining Building Permits for Your Metal Home
A building permit is more than a piece of paper. It is necessary documentation proving that your metal building meets all the safety requirements. Getting your building permit is a straightforward process in many locations. The first step is filling out a permit application, where you will describe the structure in detail and its exact location.
The things you need for your building permit application include the property deed with the legal description, size and intended use, certified structural plans stamped by a licensed engineer, and the proposed location of the steel structure on your property.
We should note that different rules and regulations are enforced in other jurisdictions. It can also be a lengthy process. What is needed in one place may not be necessary for your area. Check with your municipality for all the required documentation to make your steel home a reality.
The Cost of Your Metal Building Home
The National Association of Homebuilders has estimated that the average cost of constructing a metal home calculates to approximately $360,000. This estimate includes construction, land, and finishing it takes to complete the project. However, a 40 by 60 square foot metal home can cost between $5,000 and $30,000 for the house skeleton. The steel structure home price depends on various factors, including the size, added customizations, location, manufacturer, etc.
Free Delivery and Installation Available in 34 States
Once you have decided to build your future residence fortified in steel, you will want to get started as soon as possible. Mr. Carports provides its customers with free delivery and installation of its impressive metal structures across 34 states. Those states include the following:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- Washington DC
Make a Steel Building a Beautiful Home
Metal building homes are more than just a residence. They can provide the security and the convenience to get you in a new home to build from the ground up.
Mr. Carports is a top metal buildings dealer in the country, starting from its humble beginnings in a garage in 2016. One year later, in 2017, it grew into a full-scale operation spanning across nine states. Its professional team has more than 35 years of knowledge and work in the business.
Mr. Carports prides itself on its stellar customer service by providing the best quality buildings at competitive prices. Call today at (877) 350-5464 and see how Mr. Carports sets itself apart from the rest of the industry - they always answer the call. Let them find the next home of your dreams.