The days of warehouses being just storage facilities are gone. Today, warehouse functions are more than that. Activities such as grading and branding of companies’ products happen there. A metal warehouse by Mr. Carports allows companies to be as flexible and innovative as much as possible to accommodate today and future needs.
To improve your commercial or industrial business — and gain a significant advantage over competitors — you can call at (877) 350-5464 and get a quick quote from Mr. Carports.
Explore Our Metal Warehouses
We Have Exactly the One You Need, Connect With Our Experts.
Warehousing in the U.S.
Do you know the second-largest building in the world is a warehouse? Maybe you have heard the name before ― Target Import Distribution Center. This 2,000,000 square foot building situated in Washington State is proof of the importance of warehouses to the American economy’s survival. The emergence of e-commerce made it a pivotal possession for any company looking at leveraging the digital economy.
Interesting Facts on US Warehousing Industry
- There are about 52,600 warehouses scattered across the US. They measure nothing lesser than 50,000. More than 4,200 of them occupy over 250,000 square feet.
- The total square feet occupied by warehouses across the United States is enough to contain 381,944 NFL football fields.
- Employment in the warehousing industry jumped by 22.2% between 1998 and 2006.
Steel Warehouses Installs Quickly
Installation can hike your budget for a warehouse. That is why steel warehouses are the favorite of many in the industry.
- Delivery: Depending on your requirement, a steel warehouse can be delivered within four to six weeks after placing an order with a company like Mr. Carports.
- Time: The use of a steel warehouse can reduce the time for installation and labor by one-third compared to other building systems.
Metal Warehouses are Durable
One of the common characteristics of the metal is durability. However, metal warehouses are designed in a way that they can withstand different environmental hazards and changes for decades. Aside from this, a metal warehouse can maintain its structural integrity, beauty, and value.
- Flexibility: Due to the durability of the metal, it can be produced at a longer length. It allows the metal warehouse to be fabricated at different sizes. A typical metal warehouse is 40’ high.
Steel Warehouse Buildings are Fire-Resistant
Warehouses made of lumber are most prone to fire. It is true even when only a warehouse frame is made of lumber. On the other hand, metal doesn’t ignite easily; steel does not act as a fuel source for the fire. That is part of the reasons most insurance companies offer a discount for metal warehouses.
Clear Span Warehouses and Mega Warehouses
Imagine a spacious warehouse with no obstruction. Steel warehouses can be installed without any need for interior support columns. Warehouses between 150’ and 200’ can be designed without any column. Those up to 480’ widths are possible with a load-bearing column in the center only.
These design options have made metal warehouses the perfect choice for mega warehouses. Metal warehouses can be expanded anytime.
Large Metal Warehouses and Vertical Roof Style
A large metal warehouse provides massive space for any product. However, due to its weight and the need for durability, the roof style adopted is essential.
It is common knowledge that building structures ought to be designed to withstand external forces that could result in their damage. Vertical roof-style for metal warehouses is usually recommended as they can withstand different climate conditions.
Loads and Standards
- Dead loads: These are constant loads exerted on metal warehouses. Metal warehouses by Mr. Carports are built for strength and can effectively handle these dead loads.
- Live Loads: They include loads exerted as a result of using the metal warehouse. They are regarded as temporary since they could change, consequently depending on the need that arises. Mr. Carports offer metal warehouses for all types of Live Loads.
- Snow Loads: It is dependent on the region the warehouse is located. Irrespective of your location, metal warehouses from Mr. Carports are built to withstand these kinds of loads.
- Wind Loads: They change with time. Moreover, that is why metal warehouses by Mr. Carports are notably designed to withstand wind loads of various magnitude.
The vertical roof style is employed in installing metal warehouses as they could withstand most of these load types. For instance, regular roof style (horizontal style) doesn’t have a seam at its peak. That could be a problem for companies sited in a wet climate.
Customization Options for Metal Warehouses
Metal warehouses are not a default design. They are customizable. You can decide how you want your door to look, the number of windows, frame outs, steel framing (gauges), and any other features as you deem fit.
Also, remember that a metal warehouse is a building. The color could be made to blend with your company’s brand color, except in cases of privacy. Hence, color customization options are available at Mr. Carports. You can choose between 10 different readily available color options ― Barn Red, Earth Brown, Rawhide, Evergreen, Pebble Beige, Clay, Royal Blue, Quaker Gray, Pewter Gray, Black. For colors not on the list, a chat with the experts at Mr. Carports can sort it.
How Much Do Steel Warehouses Cost?
- Location: The cost of a steel warehouse is dependent on the site. Warehouses built in Colorado, for instance, will cost less than the same in California. Delivery might also be free for your area, while it might not be the same for another location.
- Usage: Is the steel warehouse for vehicles, imported items like sneakers, or food items? The use of a steel warehouse will determine the type of installation and accessories.
- Size: What is the quantity of your product that will be housed in the steel warehouse? Of course, a warehouse designed for 1 million sneakers will be smaller than the one installed for 120million sneakers. The size you choose for your steel warehouse will also affect the final price!
- Materials: Most of the time, the materials used along with the steel for maximal functionalities in a steel warehouse are determined by either/both usage and personal preference.
Free Delivery and Installation of Metal Warehouses
If your company is located within any of these 34 states ― NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, FL, LA, AK, OK, WA, OR, CA, MT, AZ, MI, IL, IN, OH, VA, WV, PA, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, DE, DC, MD, TX, KS, CO, MO, KY ― delivery and installation is FREE.
Expert Installers: It is one thing to buy a durable steel warehouse; it is another to have a competent team to handle it. Mr. Carports will send its team to help with installation. That saves you both cost and future hazards ― they know their product more than anyone else.
Order Your Metal Warehouse Today
Owning a metal warehouse gives you leverage over your competitor. For instance, if you are into e-commerce, it can facilitate your delivery time, a service in high demand by customers today.
Teams of experts at Mr. Carports have helped businesses like yours to set up metal warehouses at budget-friendly costs while providing them with all the required expertise to make it fulfill your product needs.
The guarantee offered by Mr. Carports is an additional assurance of their quality product. Call Mr. Carports now at (877) 350-5464 to order your metal warehouse today!